CHESA MADRISA - VACATION ELEVATED
Size –3 Bedrooms • 4 Bathrooms (3 full, 1 half) 4 Baths (3 full, 1 half) • Sleeps 1-10
SIERRA NEVADA MOUNTAINS
The Chesa Madrisa is a beautiful vacation home nestled in the quiet neighborhood of Big Trees Village in California's Sierra Nevada Mountains, and resides at approximately 5,000 feet elevation. Featuring 3 bedrooms & 3.5 bathrooms, this Swiss inspired mountain home was custom built in 2001. This home is best suited for a maximum of 10 guests (6 adults max).
This area is a great escape - fresh air & quiet solitude, with easy access to fun activities. The neighborhood of Big Trees Village borders Big Trees State Park, just north of the town of Arnold, and approximately halfway between Bear Valley Ski Resort & the town of Murphys. Columbia & Angels Camp are also popular attractions. Avoid the crowds of Tahoe and enjoy relaxation just a 3-4 hour drive from the Bay Area, and just over 2 hours from the Sacramento airport.
FIVE FOR FIVE!
The Chesa Madrisa features ALL 5 of the Top 5 most searched amenities for vacation rentals:
- pet friendly
- work friendly
- entire home vacation rental with private outdoor space
- 3 bedrooms each with KING size bed & plush mattress topper
- 3 bedrooms each have private attached full bathroom - 2 have shower/bath tubs & 1 has a large walk in shower
- Siemens VersiCharge LVL 2 Universal Electric Vehicle Charger
- Top of the line kitchen gear, from silverware to Vitamix Blender - it's all there!
- Nice quality linens & towels are included for no additional fee
- Duvet covers are laundered between each guest stay
- Electrolux full size front loading washer & dryer
- Weekly curbside trash & recycling are both included for no additional fee
- Dual zones heat & gas fireplace on main level
- Central AC (on very hot summer days the larger & open main level cools to around 75 degrees, while the lower level bedrooms stay nice & cool under 70)
- Wifi, Comcast X1 cable TV on 2 Smart TVs & a 3rd Roku TV in middle bedroom
- DVD collection, 2 Blu-Ray players & Nintendo Wii with games
- Comcast landline for free long distance calls (cell service is weak in the area, though Verizon is ok)
- 2 car garage with fairly level driveway & snow plow service in winter months
- Kids Toy Closet filled with games & activities (literally filled - 20 board games, puzzles, Legos, Brio train set, Lincoln Logs, play kitchen, dollhouse, arts & crafts)
- Large kitchen enables plenty of room to unpack your groceries & extra refrigerator in garage
- Storm? PGE planned outage? Built-in Generac automatic generator for the whole home
- Full size toiletries provided (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap) + basket of extras
- Kitchen & all 4 bathrooms feature Williams-Sonoma hand soaps & lotion sets
- All paper products are provided - no running to the grocery to buy toilet paper on vacation
- Wifi thermostat so the home will be heated upon arrival in cool weather
- Dusk-to-Dawn exterior lights so you don't have to fumble with a lock box in the dark
- Outdoor cameras to see screen shots of current weather - handy in winter months!
- Sonos wireless speaker
- Golden Poppy Pass for entry to Big Trees State Park
- Sno-Park Pass for access to local winter trails & sledding areas
- Big Trees Village Rec Center - Highest level of membership for free access to summer pool
- Pool towels for neighborhood pool Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Heated garage - comes in handy to keep ski & board gear in garage
- Mini ping-pong table
- Karaoke machine
- Dogs are welcome with advanced permission ($100 for 1 dog - $150 for 2 dogs)
- Exterior Cameras - Nest Outdoor Cam & Nest Hello Doorbell record exterior audio & video
- Inquiries are added to quarterly newsletter & may opt out with single click at any time
- This is a no smoking property - both inside & outside
- Sleeps 6 adults max + 4 children (2 children in twin size folding cots)
Reservations are 100% FULLY REFUNDABLE if Calaveras County suspends short term rentals due to COVID at time of reservation. Our cleaner is the best around and has approved products to clean between guests. As always, all bedding (including duvet covers) is laundered between each guest.
At the Chesa Madrisa guests will experience a high level of service every step of the way as needed. The Family Property Manager, Hillary Gibson, is available anytime & manages remotely with a great team of boots on the ground locally if needed. Just relax, kick up your feet & enjoy the mountains in this amazing home.
The Chesa Madrisa opens to an inviting sitting area with tall windows and double-sided gas fireplace. This main level of the home features a half-bathroom, mudroom for ski gear, and a well-appointed kitchen overlooking the main living area & oversized sectional couch. The kitchen opens to the dining area with table for six, which can be enlarged to accommodate ten guests. The dining area overlooks a TV area with patio access including Weber propane tank grill and outdoor table & chairs.
The Chesa Madrisa comfortably accommodates up to ten guests (six adults max). All three bedrooms are on the lower level & each has aa king size bed and private full bath. The 1st bedroom has a set of bunk beds for children, and a king size bed that can be split into two twin beds upon advance request. There are also two full sized cots for children (twin bed size) to be placed by parents wherever they prefer. Many families have enjoyed multi-generational vacations at the Chesa Madrisa with grandparents in the far bedroom with a walk in shower, parents in the middle bedroom, and children all bunking up together in the 1st bedroom. The Chesa Madrisa does not accommodate more than six adult guests.
The Chesa Madrisa has a two-car garage & covered footbridge with steps leading from the garage to the main entry. The driveway is not steep, and in the winter snow season it is plowed with each fresh snowfall. There's no better place to hunker down during an exciting snowstorm!
KITCHEN - A CHEF'S DREAM!
- KitchenAid Double Wall Oven
- Breville Mini Oven
- Breville Microwave
- Set of Le Creuset Ceramic Bakeware - including Dutch Oven
- Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee & Espresso Maker
- Krups Coffee Bean Grinder
- Mr. Coffee
- Cuisinart Coffee Maker
- Le Creuset French Press
- Le Creuset Tea Kettle
- Williams-Sonoma Pots & Pans
- Bialetti Hot Chocolate Maker
- KitchenAid Standing Mixer
- KitchenAid Double Belgian Waffle Baker
- Black + Decker Electric Pancake Griddle
- All-Clad 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Instant-Pot Pressure Cooker
- Williams-Sonoma Wok
- Crate & Barrel Aspen Place Settings
- Crate & Barrel Wine Glasses
- Bosch 3 Row Dishwasher
- Fondue Set
- Everything you need to cook a Thanksgiving feast!
The Chesa Madrisa is outfitted with many activities to keep the younger crew busy while the adults relax. The lower level of the Chesa Madrisa has a fun red couch & TV area with cable channels/Smart TV, Blu-Ray player, Nintendo Wii, karaoke machine and a closet full of toys, puzzles, Legos, Brio trains, arts & crafts, dollhouse, play kitchen, and board games galore. The garage has a mini-ping-pong table that can be set up anywhere a guest chooses. The closet in the 1st bedroom has a Baby Bjorn Portable Crib, Little Einstein Exersaucer, Baby Bjorn Babysitter, diaper changing pad, Cloud B Twilight Ladybug nightlight, bath toys, step stool, gate & red dinosaur humidifier. The dining room pantry has a high chair-booster combo seat for infants & toddlers.
YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
Big Trees is amazing in all seasons with a wide variety of outdoor activities. Winter is a greta time to check out Bear Valley, a friendly & relaxing ski resort in the Central Sierra Mountains just 21 miles further up scenic Highway 4. Skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling & sledding opportunities abound.
Summer is an enjoyable time for activities such as fishing, kayaking, bicycling, canoeing, stand up paddle boarding and swimming at Union & Utica Reservoirs, as well as Lake Alpine & White Pines Lake. Feel free to borrow our folding backpack chairs - there are 6 in the garage for guests. The Chesa Madrisa offers the premium level of membership at Big Trees Village Recreation Center, which includes swimming at the neighborhood outdoor pool Memorial Day through Labor Day. The Rec Center also has a picnic area, frisbee golf & bocce court (game supplies are available in our garage).
Hiking is a fun activity no matter the time of year - just throw on some snow shoes in the winter! Feel free to borrow the Golden Poppy Pass from the Chesa Madrisa to enjoy complimentary access for one car to Calaveras Big Trees State Park and marvel at the giant Sequoia trees. Hikers should check out the nearby Arnold Rim Trail.
Year round the nearby town on Murphys is the perfect destination for guests who enjoy one of a kind shops, nice restaurants, and wine tasting. This historical mining town in the Sierra Nevada foothills is now well known for excellent wineries and its charming Main Street lined with boutiques. Pack a picnic, or grab a sandwich from Aria or Alchemy in Murphys, and then head to the picnic tables by the creek and let the kids enjoy the playground. There's even a bocce court! The 1st Saturday every October is the annual Calaveras Grape Stomp & the Annual Gold Rush Street Faire. In March, Murphys Irish Day features a parade and entertainment all along Main Street.
- Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- Bear Valley Ski Resort
- Bear Valley Adventure Company - BVXC - equipment rental for year round outdoor activities
- Sierra Nevada Adventure Company - SNAC - equipment rental for year round outdoor activities (Arnold location is closest to the Chesa Madrisa)
- Lake Alpine - our personal favorite lake further up Highway 4
- Go Calaveras - local site with current events
- Angels Camp - home to Frog Jubilee & Mark Twain Festival
- Stanislaus River - rafting & fishing
- Mercer Caverns
- Columbia State Historic Park - Historic Gold Rush Town
- Union & Utica Reservoirs - summer recreational water activities
- Spicer Reservoir
- SnoParks - winter sledding & snowshoeing etc...
- White Pines Lake - a small lake & closest public lake
- Arnold Rim Trail - hike, ride, bike, run
- Sierra Nevada Logging Museum
- Big Trees Village Recreation Center - summer activities
- SWS Mountain Guides - climbing expeditions for children & adults near Bear Valley
- Lube Room Saloon - our closest restaurant & it's a fun one
- Newsome Harlow Winery
The owner is not on site, but the Chesa Madrisa has a great set of boots on the ground locally who can help as needed. Family Property Manager is very responsive via email, text & phone. A couple days prior to arrival guest will receive a Welcome Packet with key code for lockbox and detailed directions. Home is semi-automated with wifi thermostat (in winter you won't arrive to a chilly cabin) & automatic dusk-to-dawn exterior lights (no fumbling for a key in the dark). The entire home is accessible with the exception of 3 locked closets, however each bedroom has 1 closet & 1 dresser available for guests. The 2 car garage is fully accessible and available to guests for parking. The garage has an EV charger, extra refrigerator & wall heater so winter guests may keep ski gear in the garage.
3-D VIRTUAL TOUR
SAVE MONEY BY BOOKING DIRECTLY
Did you find the Chesa Madrisa on VRBO or Airbnb and then come across this website? Welcome! This is the best priced website for booking directly with the owner - There are no Service Fees (VRBO) or Booking Fees (Airbnb) on this website. The fees can reach up to 14% of the rental amount & average around $200 for a weekend visit to over $500 for a week long stay on VRBO/Airbnb. Please send a booking request through this site for the lowest overall cost & easiest booking experience. #bookdirect
About the OwnerI'm Hillary Gibson, and I am the Family Property Manager of the Chesa Madrisa, LLC - this is our family vacation home, built by my grandparents in 2001. I live in Lake Oswego, just outside of Portland, Oregon with my husband, 8 year old son, and pup. I am readily available to guests via email, text, or phone & I have a great team on the ground in Big Trees if needed. This is our well loved family vacation home, and not a generic investment rental property. If you're looking for a home that values quality over quantity, then you are in the right place. Our goal is not to get "heads in beds" - we look forward to hosting families who appreciate the extra amenities and will enjoy our home as if it were their own special retreat. As a frequent guest of vacation homes with my husband & son, I have tried to outfit the Chesa Madrisa with every item I've ever found to be lacking in other homes - nothing has been overlooked here! Guests enjoy the Chesa Madrisa layout because all three bedrooms have their own private bathroom, and the rest of the home has plenty of room to spread out and relax. The Chesa Madrisa is our family's shared vacation home. I also manage our own beach cottage at the Oregon Coast, up in the village of Neskowin. Check out Breakers End if you're looking for an historic cottage that has been fully renovated. www.breakersend.com
|Setting & View||
4 Bathrooms (3 full, 1 half)
4 Baths (3 full, 1 half)
All bathrooms feature premium Williams-Sonoma hand soap & hand lotion, as well as plush towels. There is also complimentary full size shampoo, conditioner, body wash & bar soap.
All commodes are Kohler comfort height.
The maximum occupancy is 6 ADULTS and 10 total guests.
We would like all of our guests to have a wonderfully relaxing stay, therefore the Chesa Madrisa can not comfortably accommodate more than 6 adults.
There is a complimentary Baby Bjorn pack-n-play for infants & toddlers.
All king size beds feature premium sheets & supreme cushion mattress pads.
All bedrooms have full attached bathrooms.
All bedrooms have 1 closet for guest use as well as one dresser.
Bedroom #3 has an exterior door with access to dog run.
|Sports & Adventure||
- Registration Number
- 224 TOT Calaveras Business License